- Rich in Vitamin C: 13% of DV
- Rich in Vitamin K: 7% of DV
- Rich in Fibre: 16% of DV
- One pear consumed daily can help reduce the risk of macular degeneration which is a major contributor to vision loss among elderly people.
- Pears help improve bone health due to the presence of calcium & magnesium that helps prevent osteoporosis & bone mineral loss.
How can you enjoy your Pear?
- Pears work well in both fresh & prepared dishes, such as baking or poaching.
- They can be eaten raw, sliced & combined into leafy green salads, tossed in fruit salads, topped with almonds & other fruit, blended into smoothies, or sliced over vanilla ice cream.
- They can also be baked till caramelised with butter, brown sugar & cinnamon, or drizzled with honey.