- Rich in Vitamin K: 27% of DV
- Rich in Iron: 18% of DV
- Rich in Fibre: 7% of DV
- Leeks contain insulin & sulfur, both of which aid in cell protection & the reduction of harmful cholesterol.
- Prebiotics are found in leeks & they aid digestion by regulating good gut bacteria.
How can you enjoy your Leeks?
- Leeks can be used alongside lemon, cream & potatoes to make soup.
- Leeks can be eaten fresh or cooked and added to salads. To soften or "sweat" leeks, they are usually sautéed in oil or butter.
- Leeks can be added to pizzas, pasta, egg dishes, risotto, or serve as a side dish on their own. Leeks are chopped and used in soups, stir-fries, and simmered with carrots and celery.
- Leeks are frequently used as a filling for tarts and pastries.