- Rich in Vitamin A: 180% of DV
- Rich in Vitamin C: 120% of DV
- Rich in Potassium: 10% of DV
- Carrots are beneficial to the eyes because they contain carotenoids, or vitamin A, which not only improves eye health but also helps to avoid problems like night blindness and age-related muscle degeneration.
- Carrots are high in fibre, which not only aids digestion but also helps to cleanse the bowels effectively. Fibre is also helpful in controlling blood sugar levels and assisting with weight loss.
How can you enjoy your red carrots?
- Can be used in the preparation of gajar halwa, glazed carrots, roasted carrots, salad
- Cooking methods such as roasting, grilling, boiling, and steaming are excellent for red carrots.
- Grilling is the finest way to preserve the colour and nutritional characteristics of the roots. Red carrots can also be pickled, deep-fried, or roasted and eaten with meat and other root vegetables for longer shelf life.