- Sourced from Verified Partner Farms per our stringent sourcing guidelines
- Non - GMO
- Strengthening the bones: Vitamin K is found abundantly in green capsicums; this nutrient is great for bone metabolism
- Averages around 7cm in diameter & has a vegetal taste with notes of sweet pepper
- Keep them away from direct sunlight in a cool, dry environment. Capsicums should be kept dry since moisture causes them to deteriorate faster. If not consumed immediately, refrigerate the unwashed peppers in a plastic bag for up to a week
Shelf life: 3 days
- Checked for size, weight, and shape
- No bruising and damage on the surface
- Uniformity of color throughout the length
- Rich in Vitamin C: 160% of DV
- Rich in Vitamin B6: 21% of DV
- Rich in Fibre: 7% of DV
- Great detoxifying agent and immunity booster
- Promotes easy digestion & aids in weight loss
How can you enjoy your Green Capsicum?
- Can be added as toppings on pizzas, sandwiches and in the preparation of stir-fry & salads.
I. All about Ozone:
What is Ozone?
Ozone is a naturally occurring molecule made up of three oxygen atoms. It is formed mainly by sunlight or lightning, which causes an ordinary oxygen molecule (O2) to join with an unstable oxygen atom becoming ozone (O3.)
How does Ozone sanitize your fruits & vegetables?
Ozone is a powerful natural oxidizing agent (1.5 times stronger than Chlorine). On contact with pathogens and microbes that cause illness, Ozone is able to penetrate their cell walls and destroy the cells completely in just seconds.
Is Ozone Safe?
Ozone - Washing is simply using ozone dissolved in water (aqueous ozone). This method is recognized as Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) by the FDA (USA). Due to its high reactivity, it quickly reverts back to oxygen, leaving no chemical residues. In addition, it contains no chemical additives. It is after all "Mother Nature's Detergent"
What does Ozone Kill?
Ozone washing is particularly effective (99.9% reduction) against the following common pathogens:
- E. COLI: infections especially arise from contaminated produce. Causes food poisoning and is particularly dangerous for young children and older adults as can lead to life-threatening kidney failure.
- Salmonella: Most common cause of food-related illness and severe food poisoning.
- Staph A: Can cause serious infections, like blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome, along with common skin infections.
- Enterobacter aerogenes: Can cause gastrointestinal infections, urinary tract infections (UTIs), skin & respiratory infections, and adult meningitis.
- Klebsiella pneumonia: Can cause severe infections in your lungs, bladder, brain, liver, eyes, blood, and wounds.
II. Healthier, fresher and cleaner. How do we do it?
- Healthier: Our farmer partners are chosen based on their deep crop experience, sustainable farming methods and rigid adherence to the use of Non-GMO seeds. This enables us to deliver much healthier produce to you that is just as nature intended
- Fresher: We don't stock. Only after your order is placed do our Farmer Partners harvest. Your tomatoes arrive at our collection centres a few hours later and then go through stringent quality control to ensure only the best are delivered to you. That's how we do Farm to Door in 24 hours which gives you Truly Fresh Tomatoes with a much longer shelf life.
- Cleaner: Only pluckk uses the Safest & Strongest method for sanitizing our produce: Ozone - Washing. It is 100% Natural & Eco- Friendly, uses No Chemical Additives and is recognized as GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) by the FDA (USA) for use in Food. Ozone - Wash completely removes surface residues, and harmful food pathogens like E.Coli, Salmonella and Staph A. while also significantly reducing pesticide, fungicide and insecticide residues.
Shop with complete confidence on Pluckk. We got you covered.