A Mouth-Watering Delicacy With The ‘King of Fruits'
Mangoes are considered as the ‘King of Fruits’ and for good reasons. It can be enjoyed raw, chopped, sliced, diced, in a gravy, juiced, and so on. One of the finest ways to enjoy the delicious mangoes is to include it in the traditional ‘Phirni’ often used during special and festive occasions.
Mango Phirni are creamy pudding made with mangoes and basmati rice that when consumed, explodes in your mouth teasing your sweet taste buds. It is usually served cold in earthen bowls called matka or shikora. Let’s take a dive on how you can make mango phirni to satisfy your quench of something sweet.
- ¼ cup of basmati rice
- 1 large mango (or ½/ ⅔ cup of mango pulp)
- 3 cups of fat milk (keep 3 to 4 tsp warm milk handy for later)
- 4 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp chopped/sliced pistachio or blanched almonds
- 1 tsp chopped dried rose petals
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of saffron
How to make?
- Rinse and dry 1/4 cup basmati rice. Grind it to a semi-fine consistency.
- Blend 1 large mango into a smooth puree.
- Heat 3 cups of fat milk in a pan on low flame. Add ground rice, sugar, and stir well to avoid lumps.
- Cook the rice in milk for 15-20 mins on low flame till it thickens. Stir continuously.
- Add chopped pistachio, dried rose petals, and cardamom powder. Mix well and let it cool.
- Add mango puree to the phirni and mix it uniformly. Transfer it to bowls and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with sliced/chopped almonds, pistachio, and rose petals before serving.
100% Authentic Devgad Alphonso
Carbide-Free. GI tagged