What makes blueberries a superfood?
Anthocyanin—the antioxidant present in blueberries—gives the colour as well as anti-inflammatory properties. It is a rich source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, fibre, and proteins. Blueberries improve mental health and cardiovascular health. They also improve memory in older adults.
- Rich in Vitamin C: 24% of DV
- Rich in Vitamin K: 36% of DV
- Rich in Fibre: 9% of DV
- The antioxidant content of blueberries is the highest of any popular fruit or vegetable.
- Blueberries have been shown to have anti-diabetes characteristics, such as boosting insulin sensitivity & reducing blood sugar levels.
How can you enjoy your Blueberries?
- Best consumed raw or with yoghurt.
- Cook and reduce blueberries to make a jam/ coulis for cupcakes, cheesecakes, pies & tarts.
- Freeze and blend with other fruits to make smoothies & milkshakes.